Where can I report a bug/feature request/ask questions?
Please go to rd-runbot discord text channel.
Why a new runbot?
The new runbot was mainly needed from a technical point of view. The overall goal is to improve dev experience even if some ui tweak are still needed.
Main improvement/change list:
- All repo on one page
- Notion of odoo task introduced with the bundle: A group of branch/pr
- Better duplicate detection
- Better branch/pr matching
- Better cross-repo branch matching display
- No more limitation to one build per repo: upgrade+odoo tests are not hidden in odoo build anymore
- "Smart" commit filling (no need to push an empty community/upgrade branch to freeze a commit)
- Build enterprise without enterprise branch (on a batch page, the little play icon)
What is the meaning of the different icons?
Most of the time a title will help. A documentation will come once everything is fully fixed. We are still trying to improve the icons choice to make their meaning more obvious.
How can I troubleshoot a red build?
The bundle/batch page will help by displaying some warnings. This is the first place to go.
- Branch may be wrongly rebased
- Branch may be wrongly named (check the detected "Version" aka target)
- Triple check the error is not linked to your changes
- Split/post_install test (tours): it may be an undeterministic error. You can rebuild the corresponding subbuild (and warn runbot team about your discovery). Click rebuild in the build gear menu
- template_*: ( < master) some "model change" may have been introduced in stable. Avoid the breaking change or contact runbot team for help.
- upgrade_*: (master only) some "model change" may have been introduced in master without corresponding upgrade script. Create the corresponding upgrade branch.
Where is the nightly?
There is a moon icon under the bundle name on base branches. This will be improved to display more info in the future.
How/when to rebuild
There is two different level of rebuild:
- The first one available in the build gear menu is (almost) only usefull for false positive. The created build will be attached to parent/existing batchs
- The second one is available on the bundle page and is to create a new bactch (refresh icon next to bundle name when logged in). All build parameters will be recomputed:
Please use this one with moderation
- Used commits (head of branches)
- Version (may change if pr is retarget or version is set manually in backend)
- Build references (build to use as reference to test upgrade, used to find dump databases or master commits)
- Config, extra parameters, ...
Can I retarget a pr?
Changing pr target should be detected by runbot and change the version of the bundle. Old batch will still have the old version saved, a new batch needs to be generated.
- Add support for display and filter parameter in url to support bookmarks (navbar gear parameters)
- Add has_pr filter
- Database managements: Access to database manager/create new database/connect links
- Bring back populate
- Improve Log list